Content-Based Coaching Program
Now offered virtually!
Learning Forward has expanded our current instructional coaching services through the addition of a content-specific coaching program. This program is designed to integrate deep content knowledge and pedagogy with best practices in instructional coaching in an effort to support the growth, development, and support of mathematics and ELA coaches, teachers, and teacher leaders to best meet the needs of their students.
Our content-based coaching program is now being offered virtually. The virtual program supports content-based coaches in providing not only virtual coaching support for their teachers, but deepening their own knowledge and skills in implementing and modeling best practices in virtual learning for their teachers’ subject areas.
Content-based coaches who participate in this program will:
- Develop the knowledge and skills to implement, model, and coach others using a variety of professional learning designs aligned with learner needs, levels of trust, a coherent theory of change, and coaching cycles.
- Explain and model rigorous mathematics/ELA instruction (reading and writing) that promote equity for all learners.
- Utilize/refine a variety of content-specific coaching skills, facilitation methods, and stances to facilitate individual/group teacher learning and application.
- Apply and fluidly utilize various coaching stances and tools to adapt the level of support provided based on teacher and student strengths and needs.
- Partner with school/district leaders to support teachers’ application of effective instruction for equity.
To learn more about how we can help you develop effective content-based coaches in your system, contact us at the link below.
WHAT WE DO
Our support for content-based coaches includes:
Fill out our web form and let us know a little about your system and your goals.
We’ll contact you to talk about how we can support great learning in your system.
We’ll develop a customized plan that meets your professional learning needs.