Develop learning leaders for learning schools
Now offered virtually!
School leadership matters. Principals must be instructional leaders who ensure that high-quality teaching occurs in every classroom.
Learning Forward works with principals, assistant principals, aspiring principals, and principal supervisors to develop, implement, and sustain a vision for school-based professional learning. We work with these leaders to apply the Standards for Professional Learning in their schools and ensure that educators are working in learning communities that engage in ongoing cycles of continuous improvement.
Our school leadership program has been adapted to serve districts’ needs to provide virtual professional learning for school leaders, and develop their skills as being leaders of virtual learning in their schools.
Learning Forward supports school leaders to:
- Increase instructional effectiveness and collective responsibility;
- Apply the Standards for Professional Learning in their schools;
- Develop skills to lead high-achieving professional learning communities that:
- Engage in a cycle of continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively to design instruction aligned with state standards;
- Analyze student work and understand the connection of their work to student achievement
- Create time for collaborative professional learning;
- Observe lessons and give precise feedback to teachers to increase their effectiveness;
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills to encourage collective inquiry and assist teams in solving problems.
To learn more about how we can help you develop learning leaders for learning schools in your system, contact us at the link below.
What We Do
Our support for school leaders includes:
Increasing instructional effectiveness
Creating a culture of collective responsibility
Developing and supporting coherent systems of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
Developing coaching and mentoring skills
Developing skills to lead high-achieving professional learning communities
Observing lessons and providing feedback to increase teaching effectiveness
Becoming a Learning School
Discover what leaders need to know to implement more effective professional learning.Read more.
Fill out our web form and let us know a little about your system and how you’d like to support your school leaders.
We’ll connect you with one of our consultants to talk about our school leadership work and how we can support you.
We’ll work with your school leaders on site and virtually to ensure their work gets results for teacher and students.
Principal Leadership Team
Patricia Roy has written articles, books, training manuals, and resource guides focused on Learning Forward’s fundamental concepts about effective professional…Read more
San Antonio, Texas
Mike Murphy is a Senior Consultant for Learning Forward and a national educational coach, facilitator, and consultant who is recognized…Read more
Heather Clifton is a senior consultant for Learning Forward. As a professional learning consultant, she offers services to schools, districts,…Read more
Kay Psencik is a senior consultant for Learning Forward and served in Texas public schools for more than 30 years….Read more